June 13, 2013
- Improved syncing with Movie Collector (Windows and Mac) and CLZ Movies for iOS:
- Custom cover images are now synced down from the CLZ Cloud.
- All new Connect fields are now synced to and from your other devices: Title Extension, Original Title, Number of Discs, Storage Device and Storage Slot, Quantity and Tags.
June 6, 2013
- New fields :
- Title Extension
- Original Title
- Number of Discs
- Storage Device and Storage Slot
January 15, 2013
- Automatic Actor and Director images
- Improved cast and crew listings on your movie details pages, to show actor images (aka "actor heads") and director images.
- These Images are delivered directly and automatically from the Collectorz.com central online movie database, no special action required.
December 11, 2012
- New "Core for Movies" integration: report missing movies and missing barcodes.
Report missing entries in our central online movie database. And the beauty is: you don't even need to provide us with the movie data. Just use Core to *report* the missing entries and then our content admins will do the work for you, within one workday, guaranteed.
- Report missing movies: Can't find your movie using the "Add Movie" page?
Just click "Report Missing Movie", which will take you to the Core site.
There just enter the movie's IMDb number or IMDb link and you're done.
- Report missing barcode: Ran into an unrecognized barcode?
Your Add Movie screen will automatically ask you to report it to Core.
On the Core site, just select which movie the barcode belongs to. That's it.
October 26, 2012
- Syncing between Movie Collector, Connect and the CLZ Movies app:
Jan 13, 2012
- Improved Add Movie page::
- Separate tabs for adding movies By Title, By Barcode or Manually.
- New "TV Series only" option for By Title searches.
- More columns in Search Results, making it easier to select the correct movie and edition:
- Format logo
- Region logo
- Release Date
- Available cover images (e.g. Front/Back/Both)
- Overall cosmetic make-over
Jan 6, 2012
- IMDb Rating is now available as a field for your List View (use the little gears button top-right to add it)
Jan 5, 2012
- Improved Account page: Easier management of your subscriptions, email / password settings and social network connections.
November 23, 2011
- Complete re-design of movie info page:
- Smaller cover image (click to enlarge)
- Movie backdrops from our central database are now used as the page background (optional, switch it OFF in Settings).
- Compact cast and crew listings with View More links to expand to full list.
- Full episode listings for TV Series with all episode details and images.
- New look for Next/Previous/Edit/Link/Remove/Share buttons.
- Improved Facebook/Twitter sharing: The Share screen now lets you edit your Twitter and Facebook posts.
November 23, 2011
- Log-in / Sign-Up with your Facebook account
- Easily log-in to Connect with your Facebook account. Just use your Account page to link your Facebook account.
- 1-button sign-up for a new Connect trial with your Facebook account.
November 7, 2011
- Easier Sign Up for a new Connect account:
- Just one field: email address.
- User name and password will be generated automatically. Both can be changed in Account Settings.
- After Sign Up, you will be immediately and automatically logged in to your new account, ready to starting cataloging.
November 3, 2011
- Improved Search feature:
- Now searches more fields: Title, Barcode, Year, Cast, Crew.
- Search is now more "fuzzy", meaning that you can enter multiple words into the box (e.g. part of the movie title name and part of a director name) and the search results will still bring up the correct results, with the closest matches at the top and "fuzzier" matches further down the list.
- Search results are now shown in a special "Search Mode" (recognized by the "Search results:" heading). In Search Mode, all sorting and filtering option are disabled and results are shown in order of how well they match your search words. Click the little "x" button on the right of the Search Box to exit Search Mode and return to your full movie list.
October 31, 2011
- A new redesigned navigation header at the top:
- This new header is lower / flatter, giving you more screen space for your data.
- Search box is now integrated in the header at the top right.
August 17, 2011
- New in the Edit Movie page: the Find Cover Online feature:
Find missing cover images online using a Google Images search.
- Use the Find Cover button to open the Find Cover panel.
- Just click your desired cover to add it your movie entry.
- Modify the Google Images search term manually to refine your search.
- Or, use the smart Barcode, Title and Format checkboxes to include/exclude them from the search terms.
August 9, 2011
- New fields from the central online movie database now automatically showing on movie details pages:
- IMDb Rating
- Movie Trailer (in embedded YouTube player)
- Full episode details for TV Series:
- Episode Titles
- Episode First Air Dates
- Episode Plot summaries
- Episode Runtime
- Episode Writer
- Episode Director
- Episode Guest Cast
- Episode Image
- New setting: Data Language, for controlling the language of Plot Summaries and some other fields like Genre, Format, etc. Choose from:
December 7, 2010
- Post collection updates to Facebook and Twitter:
- Account page: Authorize Connect to post updates to your Facebook and/or Twitter feeds.
- Add page: new checkboxes Post to Twitter/Facebook for automatically posting your new additions to your Facebook wall or Twitter feed, including a link to that movie in your public Movie Collector Connect collection.
E.g.: "I have just added Inception (2010) to my movie collection."
- Movie details page: New "Share" popup, for posting a link to that movie to Facebook or Twitter. Choose from "Just added" or "Now watching".
- Add page: New "Processing..." popup while adding items, to prevent duplicate additions.
September 22, 2010
- Wish List functionality:
- New tabs at the top to switch between your All, In Collection, or your Wish List
- Add page now allows direct adding to Wish List
- New All, Collection and Wish List "tabs" in mobile viewer
- View buttons (Detail, Cover or List) are now located on the left in the blue navigation bar.
- View Settings button is now located on the right in the blue navigation bar.
- Statistics page: new bar charts showing movies by director and by actor.
- Various updates to the mobile website. Improved look for iPhone's Safari browser.
September 1, 2010
- New Statistics page (Tools / Statistics), showing:
- Pie Chart: Movies by Genre
- Pie Chart: Movies by Format
- ... more charts will be added later ...
July 7, 2010
- When logging in, you now stay on the same page (previously you alway got redirected to your user home page).
- Fixed for iPad and iPhone: cover images "below the fold" did not load.
January 7, 2010
- New Next and Previous links on movie detail pages, to quickly browse your current movie list.
- New "Save & Next" and "Save & Previous" buttons on Edit pages, for quicker editing of multiple movies.
- New 'Help' menu on the toolbar, containing the links to the What's New, Manual and Support pages.
December 30, 2009
Improved mobile viewer:
- New navigation bar at the top, with access to your home page and the new Settings page.
- New Settings page lets you set the Items per Page separately for the mobile viewer (and now includes an "ALL" option).
- Movies are now always sorted by Title (previously used the sorting from regular Connect site.
- The mobile viewer now always defaults to the List View (faster if you are on a slow connection).
- List View now shows the movie Title and Year.
- Login/logout buttons have been moved to your mobile home page (use the nav-bar to get there).
December 22, 2009
- Clicking a row or cover image now takes you directly to the movie's detail page (as opposed to opening a details popup)
- Edit or Remove a movie directly from the list views using the Edit Movie and Remove Movie icons on the right.
- Filter tag-cloud popups now open when you actually click their button, not when hovering over the button.
- View Settings popups now have Apply and Cancel buttons.
November 23, 2009
- Editing Movie Data
- The following fields are now editable as "user fields"
- Cover Images : You can now upload your own Cover Image, using the Browse and Upload button under My Cover (Upload).
- Improved layout of Edit Movie page
- New "Reset" buttons for each field, to reset your value to that of the central movie database.
- Syncing from Movie Collector (Windows v6.5 or Mac OS X v3.3 needed!)
- Now also syncs the Format and Genre fields
- After syncing UP, you can now also upload the Cover Images for movies that don't have a cover image in Connect yet.
- Multiple improvements to prevent unwanted changes to local data when syncing down from Connect:
- Extra "Are you sure?" question before syncing down.
- New layout of Sync screen, with a BIG Upload button and a small Download button.
- Syncing down will never clear fields / make fields empty
- Syncing down will never update or add to existing local data values, EXCEPT when the local field is still empty.
For example: no Genres will be added to existing lists,
Titles, Studios, Release Dates, Running Times, etc.. will not be overwritten.
- For Personal fields (purchase data, notes, rating, etc...) full syncing will be maintained.
- Syncing down will never un-link movies
- Multiple improvements to the Linking process.
- The question box "You have unlinked movies. Do you want to link them now?" now has a "Never ask for these movies again" checkbox.
- Link Screen: When using "Search All" all exact barcode matches are now linked automatically (and removed from the queue).
- If you upload unlinked movies, Connect will try to auto-link them by barcode.
- After linking, the program does not auto-update the linked movies anymore, preventing unexpected (and possibly unwanted) data additions to your local entries.
- Cover View: now shows little popup with Title & Year when hovering your mouse pointer over a cover
September 2, 2009
- Fixed: Add/Link page: Expanding a movie item to show editions didn't work on IE8
September 1, 2009
- Edit Movie page: added extra Save Changes button at the top
- Edit Movie page: both Save Changes buttons now automatically take you back to the movie page (previously it kept you at the Edit page).
- Mobile viewer: added first letter filtering using an A-Z dropdown.
- Fixed: it is now possible to add the same movie twice or link it twice. The Add/Link screen now shows Add Again and Link Again buttons for movies/editions that are already in your collection.
August 31, 2009
- Fixed: on IE7 the filter popups appeared in the wrong place.
- Fixed: when creating or changing a filter, the list didn't automatically go back to Page 1.
August 26, 2009
- New Filter features: Filter your movie list by Genre, Format, Region, Collection Status and Seen It.
- Tag-cloud-like filter pop-ups show popularity of values.
- Combine filters by selecting values in multiple filter pop-ups.
- Click the ALL button on the left to clear all filters.
- New "current filter" bar indicator below A-Z bar shows currently active filter. Click the "X" button to clear the filter.
- Fixed: on some browsers, the little "gears" buttons on the View tabs were displayed in the wrong place.
- Fixed: on some browsers, the login page did not look right.
- Fixed: confusing error message when entering incorrect login information.
August 19, 2009
- New A-Z bar for quick first letter filtering. Click ALL on the left to get back to your full list.
- Settings for Detail, Cover and List views can now be accessed using the little "gears" button in the top right of the active view tab.
- It is now possible to Sort by the Seen It field (use the list Settings to select the sort options)
- Current item range indicator in top navigation bar is now more compact, e.g. "51-100 (of 531)". (was "Showing 51 to 100 from 531").
- Page Selector dropdown has been moved to the center of the top navigation bar. A small arrow makes it clearer that there is a dropdown there.
August 17, 2009
- Added: What's New page
- Improved: movie details page
- More space for long movie titles
- New panel top left with main movie details
- New Collection Status indicator (some icons as in Movie Collector now)
- Improved layout of cast and crew list
- Crew list now includes Musicians and Photographers
- New Link Status indicator top right (green = linked to specific edition, orange = linked to movie only, red = not linked). Click this indicator to update the link.
- New Edit and Remove buttons, now located top right
- Added: Edit Movie page
- Edit page is now a separate page (was integrated in movie info page)
- New layout of "override" fields make it easier to see and edit your personal values vs the information from the central database ("My" vs "Original")
- New layout of personal fields
- Large Notes box
- Improved: Add Movie Manually page. Now has the same layout as the new Edit Movie page
August 11, 2009
- Straightened out the account terminology:
Sign In -> Login
Sign Out -> Logout
Register -> Sign Up
August 5, 2009
- New Online Manual, directly accessible from any user page and the Movie Collector Connect home page. Only containing a couple of "getting started" topics.
August 5, 2009
- New Tools page replaces Import/Export page
- Settings (sharing, adult results) moved from Account page to Tools page
- Import/Export tools moved to Tools page
- Profile popup (click your username top right) now has quick links to Home page, Account page and My Movies page.
- Clearer indication of Trial account status ("X trial days left" in toolbar)
- Improved Subscription Activation system
July 30, 2009
- Several performance tweaks
July 29, 2009
- Added new user override field "Title Sort" to better control sorting for unlinked movies and "override" titles starting with "The", "A" etc...
- Added Title Sort field to synchronization protocol between Windows/Mac editions and Connect
July 27, 2009