Game Connect is full featured and fully customizable game database software, with a user interface that has been designed to be clean, intuitive and super easy-to-use.
However, the user interface is different from the Game Collector desktop software, so if you are switching from Game Collector to Game Connect, the web-based user interface may take some getting used to. Also, in Game Collector you probably customized the look and layout of the program, so you will have to invest a few minutes to do the same customization here.
This page will help you
- Find your way in Game Connect’s user interface
- Customize the look and layout the way you want it
Here’s an overview of the Game Connect main screen.
The most important thing to know here: the program’s menu is under the menu icon top left (with the 3 horizontal lines).
Customizing the Look and Layout
Of course, the look and layout of Game Connect is fully customizable.
Open the menu and choose Settings, then take some time to set it up the way you want.
Choose from 4 different skins
Four different Skins are available. Light, Dark, Blue and Default (basically Light content with Dark toolbars).
Layout: Vertical or Horizontal Split
You can choose between two different layouts for the main screen, which differ in the way the right side of the screen is split between the game list and the details panel that show the details of the selected game: above each other (Horizontal Split) or side-by-side (Vertical Split).
Switch between layouts using the Layout icon on the far right of the toolbar above the game details (or just use the Settings screen).
Game list: List, Cards, Images or Shelves
Similar to the desktop software, Game Connect also offers 4 different ways to display your games. As a List, as little info Cards, as just Cover images or a nice Shelves. Switch between these views using the first 4 icons on the toolbar right above the game list.
- In Covers and Shelves view: use the slider above the game list to change the size of the images
- The style selector above the Shelves view lets you choose between 6 different shelf styles (Wood Light, Wood Dark, Glass, Metal, Carbon and White)
Choosing Columns, Sort Order and Folder options
Game Connect is fully flexible in the way you show and navigate your game database.
- use the Columns button to select which fields are shown in the game list, in List View
- click a column’s name in the header row to sort on that column, click again to reverse the sort order
- or use the Sort button on the far right to set up your own Sorting favorites, with single or multi-field sort orders
- use the Folder button on the far left to select which field to use for the folder panel on the left. By default, the panel shows Platform folders, but you can of course choose any field, e.g. Genre, Completeness, Release Year, etc… or you can even create multi-level folder favorites!
Adding and Editing Games
In your desktop software, you are used to all features being on the main toolbar. In Game Connect however, we aimed to keep the main toolbar clean and simple, showing just a big blue button for the main and most important feature, Add Games.
The Edit button (and other actions you can do on the selected game, like Remove, Share, Link, Submit, etc..) are available on the other toolbar lower down, right above the selected game (makes sense, right?).
All different ways to Add Game are available in Game Connect too, by Title, by Barcode, by Platform. In the Add Games screen, use the tabs at the top to choose between them.
To add games manually, use the Add Manually link at the top right.
Yes, you can edit your game details in Game Connect too :-)
Use the tabs at the top of the Edit screen to find all editable fields.
About User Defined fields:
Game Connect does not have User Defined Fields. We recommend using Tags or Notes instead.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.